"Oops..." error while clicking "Issues" menu after longer inactivity (ScriptRunner related?)

Hello.

One of our key users have a seemingly random problem while clicking "Issues" tab after longer inactivity. He gets an "Oops - an error has occurred" message.

Atlassian support helped me with narrowing the search of source of the issue and suggested it is realted to Script Runner plugin:

{code}Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:52)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:153)
	at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.jql.IssuesInSprint.getBoardId(script13670789095662048495194

The above stack traces seems to belong to this third-party plugin called Script Runner.{code}

This error doesn't seem dangerous, just highly inconvenient. I would be glad for any help on finding a source of this error.

Here is a full stack trace from error message.

Stack Trace: [hide]
com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	... 268 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:174)
	... 274 more

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

Yeah. When you go to Issues it tries to rerun the last query you did. Maybe this worked previously but now doesn't.

To make it forget the last query get your user to navigate to:

<jira>/issues/?jql=

To fix the error permanently follow the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+LDAP+or+JIRA+or+Other+Services+via+SSL

If you don't want to do that you should probably disable the inSprint() function.

Thank you for your quick reply, You saved the day again :)

Unfortunatelly we already tried adding certificates into the keystore, and can't import some of them. Probably we're just doing something wrong :) Anyway, thank you for the priceless help you provide! :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,897 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot