"Only my issues" strange behavior

Balint Nagy March 3, 2017

Hi,

I'm using JIRA (v.6.3.12) on site, have been using it for quite a long time.

Today, we found a problem.

• We use a SCRUM board
  • We create a subtask, assign it to a developer
  • Developer starts working on it, which is a state transition, which has a post function:
    The field First Developer will take the value from Assignee. Source and destination issue are the same.
    First developer is a custom field. 
  • Developer resolves it, requests a review, reviewer rejects it - according to our workflow
  • The workflow transition has a post function:
    The field Assignee will take the value from First Developer. Source and destination issue are the same.
  • That post step function assigns the issue to the developer. It is visible on the SCRUM board, it is assigned to the developer, avatar shows his face.
  • Error
    In the developers own view (same SCRUM board view, but it that has "Only my issues" turned on), the subtask is not visible.
    If we untoggle the "Only my issues" button, it becomes visible.
    Expected
    The issue should be visible even if "Only my issues" is selected. 
  • Addition
    If (from a different machine) I try to assign the subtask to the same developer, JIRA sends an error: The task is already assigned to this user.
    If I assign it to myself, THEN back to the same developer, the issue correctly shows up on the developer's view, even if "Only my issues" is turned on.

Can anyone advise how to work this around?

3 answers

0 votes
Maud Schlich March 8, 2017

Well, then "currentUser" is key here. Mmmh. I can only give you some hints where to look further (though some surely sound trivial):

• check if there is anything changed (i.e. upper-/lowercase) through the transaction
  • perhaps there is some change in datatype?
  • to further drill down into the problem, you could temporarily try to hardcode your username as First Developer instead of using the custom_field in your post transaction "The field Assignee will take the value from First Developer. Source and destination issue are the same".
  • can you take a look in your database and check the content of those fields directly?
  • have you searched for some known issues concerning current_user()?

have a nice day,

Maud

Maud Schlich March 8, 2017

Here is what I found:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/22657321

Perhaps you should contact Atlassian Support directly? The community might not be the best place for this issue.

Wishing you success,

Maud

0 votes
Balint Nagy March 8, 2017

Hi, I checked it, with a somewhat different scenario, but going through the same steps. I ended up in a situation where

• The subtask is visible in the Scrum Board in the unfiltered view.
  • ERROR: It is not visible in the filtered view.
  • I created a filter, based on your info:
    project = PEG AND (assignee = currentUser() or assignee is empty) and sprint = 229 
  • The filter DOES show the task BEFORE the transitions.
  • ERROR: The filter DOES NOT show the task after the transitions.
  • If I remove the currentuser filter, the subtask is displayed, and the current assignee is my user account, that should match currentuser()

0 votes
Maud Schlich March 7, 2017

Hi Balint Nagy,

the quick filter is normally defined as

assignee = currentUser() or assignee is EMPTY"

so perhaps you should try this filter as a search and possibly see the problem then?

Hope you can resolve this issue, sounds really weird,

Maud

Suggest an answer