"Number of attachments" custom field does not show up

Monika Rawat December 20, 2017

Hi,

I have added an advanced custom filed to my screen, which shows up otherwise. But when an issue is created and follows the workflow, i cant see this filed. It is not Hidden. Plz suggest.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Custom fields will only be shown in the issue detail view if they have a value set.

More info:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-2997

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hello,

Does your field have a value or it is empty?

hello

It is empty as of now

Hey.. can this filed be used for JIRA software projects without its integration with any additional development tool.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2017

Custom fields will be shown on the view screen only if they have a value. I guess that is the problem

0 votes
Klára Zikešová October 6, 2021

well I have the same problem, created the custom field of type "number of attachements" and put it on view sreen hoping it will count the attachments on issues. I doesn´t count anything, so it doesn´t show. But how do I make it count the attaments? that´s the question...

Suggest an answer