"None" option not display in edit issue window in On demand JIRA?

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Hi,

I have created a select field "Test Field" with below values

1. a

2. b

When i create a issue it display the below values in the "Test Field"

1. None

2. a

3. b

"None" value is automatically appended by the JIRA, i am understand.

I have selected "b" for the field "Test Field" when i create a task.

I need to change the created issue field vlaue for "Test Field" to "None" from "b", i can't find the "None" option in edit issue window in "On demand JIRA".

How can i enable "None" option in edit issue in "On demand JIRA".

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2013

Hi,

You can actually create a value called none if you wish to put it as a selection.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :)

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Adding None as a option is not a right way!

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

Hi Richie,

If i create a value "None" in the select field, the create issue window display two "None" value. One is system and another one is we created value.

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2013

You are right, the none option is not handled properly and it should not behave in this way. Let check out the bug ticket reported below for this behaviour, it seems to be a bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31129

It seems like the none is being ommitted during the issue edit which the user is unable to select the value.

My apologies on the earlier suggestion as I thought you wanted the option to select None as one of the values.

Cheers :)

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

make sure that, you haven't make field mandatory on field configuration and did't set default value for that field

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

Hi rambanam,

I have set "a" as the default value for this field "Test Field" in JIRA.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

what about making field required on field configuration?

if you not made field required on field configuration then you should have option to choose none from select list on edit screen!

Suggest an answer