"Linked Issues" field not present on "create issue" or "edit issue" screens

Renaud Delbru January 16, 2015

We have created specific screens for specific projects and issue types. However, some of the configured fields do not appear on the "create issue" or "edit issue" screens, like the "Linked Issues" field, even if they are properly configured. When we are using "Where is my field ?" feature, it indicates that "The 'Linked Issues' field should be present on the form you are viewing" and nothing wrong is reported (see below)

StatusSummaryDetails

Issue linking

Issue linking is enabled on this JIRA instance

Field configuration

The 'Linked Issues' field is enabled by the 'Travel Request Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue.

Field Screen

The field 'Linked Issues' is present on the screen 'Default Screen - Travel Request' configured for this issue

Any ideas what is going wrong ?

4 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2015

Do you have the "Link Issues" permission in that project?

0 votes
Emilio Delgado August 7, 2018

Hi all,

Could anyone look for any issue from a transition screen with the field "linked issues"? I have a problem with this, it just gives me back the recent results, and not all the issues that I could link to.

There is a bug created, but I do not know when it will be resolved: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69885

0 votes
Renaud Delbru January 18, 2015

Thanks for your answer,

the problem was indeed the permission of the project. I have added Linked Issues in the permission and it is now working.

0 votes
Brian Nye January 16, 2015

Check to make sure that you have set up the Issue Type Screen Scheme attached to the issue type and then make sure that it is selected for the project you are looking at.

Suggest an answer