"Linked Issues" field not present on "create issue" or "edit issue" screens

We have created specific screens for specific projects and issue types. However, some of the configured fields do not appear on the "create issue" or "edit issue" screens, like the "Linked Issues" field, even if they are properly configured. When we are using "Where is my field ?" feature, it indicates that "The 'Linked Issues' field should be present on the form you are viewing" and nothing wrong is reported (see below)

StatusSummaryDetails

Issue linking

Issue linking is enabled on this JIRA instance

Field configuration

The 'Linked Issues' field is enabled by the 'Travel Request Field Configuration' field configuration associated with this issue.

Field Screen

The field 'Linked Issues' is present on the screen 'Default Screen - Travel Request' configured for this issue

Any ideas what is going wrong ?

3 answers

2 votes

Do you have the "Link Issues" permission in that project?

Check to make sure that you have set up the Issue Type Screen Scheme attached to the issue type and then make sure that it is selected for the project you are looking at.

Thanks for your answer,

the problem was indeed the permission of the project. I have added Linked Issues in the permission and it is now working.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot