"JIRA Timesheet Reports and Gadgets" - unable to get desired report

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

I am working with the enhanced functionality from Andriy Zhdanov's Add-on named above, but am having issues getting a report that I need. I've got a trial which adds "Project Pivot" and "Worked Time Chart" to the mix along with "Timesheet".

BTW, it seems these additional features are payable directly to Andriy as far as I can tell - not sure to be honest.

BTW, I do not have Tempo, but will be considering this product to add to our cloud instance starting next year.

Anyway, "Project Pivot" is almost perfect, but I cannot get a start/stop date duration.

My goal:    Get a report given a 6 month specified duration, throw a filter at it, and return all parent issues along with summed time spent on each parent issue broken down by resource...so visually, parent issues along the 'y' and resource names along the 'x' by hour as well as a total hrs to the far right column.

Example:  I use a Filter containing the collection of issues I want to interrogate. I want a report containing only work logs between Jan 01, 2014 and Jun 30, 2014. But, I can only supply a "Number of Weeks" variable in the configuration and max is 27 weeks. It also forces me to choose either a "Role" or a "Group". Without either, no data is returned (this seems reasonable). I choose to sum subtasks which is perfect since I want summed hours spent on each parent issue occurring in the date range specified. In summary, I can't define the Jan through Jun duration I need.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Hi Paul,

For the described scenario you should use Report. Please click Details link in the gadget title and you get the Report, which you can change and set specific dates. Note, you can also get to the report from Project menu - Reprots tab, see Project Pivot Report.

And this feature set is free, only Worked Time Chart requires payment.

Thank you.

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Thanks, Adriy! I just discovered that the gadget itself doesn't allow you to set start/stop duration, but you are correct. When clicking "Details" to launch the full report, you can then supply these date values in its configuration. This provides exactly what I need.

Like nicholas demetriades likes this
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2014

It would be useful if the Excel output from a report honored the structure of the report. For example, if I opt to sum all subtasks (which rolls hours up to the parent), the Excel output exposes all of the subtasks individually so I am unable to further process the data.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2014

Hi Paul, I think it's good point, please create request [here|https://bitbucket.org/azhdanov/jiratimesheet/issues/new], thanks!

Suggest an answer