" JIRA Server 7.0.0 - 7.2.12-EAP01" What does it mean?

Leena Bakshi September 26, 2017

HI,

I am trying to understand when I look at a plugin/Addons in the market place( to compare what I already have in our current jira 6.4.12) and it shows this  "JIRA Server 7.0.0 - 7.2.12-EAP01" Does it mean that it wont be supported or work beyong JIRA 7.2.12?

Btw I am looking at server edition of these plugins

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

That's exactly what the support values are for - telling you the versions it works for.

You may be being confused by the EAP - that means "early access", and generally doesn't get shown on the marketplace because it's not suitable for production, so most people don't care about those versions.

Leena Bakshi September 26, 2017

Ok.. that leads me to next question.. after we upgrade to 7.3.x, does it mean I wont be able to get these Add ons to work?

Because I do plan to rename the plugin folder and then install them one by one. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

That's exactly what the support values are for - telling you the versions it works for.

You can try installing an unsupported version, it might work.  It probably will not, and it could stop your system working at all.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2017

Normally it would, but it looks like marketplace.atlassian.com may not show the correct information currently. I just checked some of the apps we are using and they are all saying 7.2.12-EAP01, but we are on 7.3.8. Your best bet is to check if a plugin would work with at a later version of JIRA is to run the JIRA update check that you can find under manage add-ons/find new add-ons

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 26, 2017

It looks like all of the apps compatible with latest JIRA (yesterday: 7.5.0) are now displaying with compatibility up to 7.2.12-EAP01

Ouch ... UPM seems to fail.

I've just tested this again and it seems that apps are visible but there is an error while installing new apps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2017
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2017

It's a known issue and they are working on fixing it, AMKT-21198

Suggest an answer