"In Progress" has disappeared from default workflow

Zuber Khursiwala December 5, 2013

Hi

I've been messing with workflows for a single project, and I've noticed that for all the other projects I have, I no longer have an 'In Progress' status. (I do have a Step called In Progress though).

Not only that, but they're all using the 'classic' workflow rather then 'jira' (I don't remember changing this).

I thought *jira* was a readonly workflow, and the diagram on the online documentation for 6.1shows an 'In Progress' status.

Can the default workflow be restored? I'm worried that all the issues that used to be 'In Progress' are now in some other state. In fact, 'In Progress' doesn't even appear as a valid status in my JQL any more - breaking lots of my filters.

Does anyone know where I should start looking to figure out what has happened/what I might have done?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

Did you rename the status 'In Progress' to something else? If yes, rename that status back to 'In Progress' (it should be the status with ID = 3)

Hi Udo

No I don't think I have renamed any statuses (I don't remember doing it at least). I have just added a picture of my 'jira' workflow and it doesn't look like it has an "In Progress" status any more.

Where would I see the status ID?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2013

if you go to the statuses (gg+status) you have for each status an edit link on the right side. If you move the cursor on that link, there will be an url displayed at the bottom of your browser with something like .../EditStatus!default.jspa?id=X were X is your ID.

Phew! Thanks a lot for this - you are absolutely right! I think I kind of remember renaming it to 'Done' for some stupid reason. I have renamed it back and all my filters are working again. I feel a lot calmer now :)

Suggest an answer