"Future sprint" missing on Agile boards

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2014

Hi,

Some of the issues in our JIRA has link to "Future Sprint" in their Agile Panel on the view screen but the problem is the sprint is nowhere to be on found. When you click on the sprint link on the view issue screen there is a list of baords which might contain the sprint, but the sprint isn't present there and sometimes in the current sprint when an issue is moved out of the sprint there is an error msg "KCA-XXX will be moved from Sprint Y to Sprint 35" and here "Sprint 35" is the future sprint which is nowhere to be found.

Please share your opinion.

Thanks.

4 answers

1 vote
Deleted user November 8, 2018

I do not think this is possible anymore in the current version of Jira.

1 vote
Neuvenen July 26, 2018

While this board view is named "Active sprints" it would be useful to see future sprint in planning phase as well. With this view it is easier to see workload distribution among team.

1 vote
Stefan Münch August 19, 2015

No! You're not! I'm facing the same issue. I need to have future sprints in a scrum board available at two points:

1. in the backlog view - to drag an drop issues there.
    20150820_atlassian01.PNG
    Right now future sprints only occure once a single issue (within the board's filter results) is assorted to the sprint. I need the sprints "drag & drop zones" to be available by "switching them on"
  2. in the active sprint view - to be able to move items during early planning before the sprint has started.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2014

It seems I am the only one facing this issue!

Suggest an answer