"Forwarding" issues between 2 linked Jira instances

Carl Wiedebaum December 19, 2017

So what I'm trying to achieve here is that we have 2 different cloud Jiras (connected via Application links). Now if I have open issue on Jira A and I think that this is should be handled by the software or Help-desk guys using Jira B - how should I be able to transfer it ? 

I've set up a test environment using the trial Jira+Service desk and made the test projects in both - But can't figure out how to get the "required cross instance visibility" between those 2 Jira's 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 19, 2017

Hi Carl,

I'm not aware of a way to do this natively in Jira, but these support triage scenarios are one of the main reasons my company built the Backbone Issue Sync app.

If you're open to using an app to accomplish the synchronization then you can find more info on Backbone here on the Marketplace.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out: support@k15t.com

Best of luck!

-Davin

Carl Wiedebaum January 5, 2018

Hi Davin, 

First - Sorry for my late response... The holidays took their taxes... 

Thanks for your response, the plugin you linked seems to provide the functionality that we were looking for. 

I'm supposed to build service desk to our company from scratch using Jira and I'm currently in the state of mapping whats possible and whats not, and how it should be structured. :)

Deleted user January 8, 2018

No worries at all Carl, hope you had a good holiday. Reach out anytime if you have questions – this sounds to me like a straightforward Backbone case.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

Best you can do with two separate instances is basic issue linking which won't provide updates on either end.

The more clever stuff generally works because the Software and Service Desk applications are running on the same Core service.

Synchronisation add-ons are the way to go if you must retain separate instances.  I'll let Davin take over there...

Suggest an answer