"Filter colum"/gadget to sum values of a custom field grouped by component

Josep Vila November 24, 2017

Hello all,

we have a custom field where we input a numerical value representing the "score" of the issue.

Now we would like to sum up all scores of each component and view its result in a filter view or pie chart. The idea is to know which component have more points adding up all its scores.

(we are currently exporting filter result in excel and then we generate pie chart but i would be better to let jira do it automatically)

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Try using the Two Dimensional Filter gadget. I believe that can sum it up for you.

Hello,

thank you for your answer but Two dimensional filter doesn't allow me to select "numerical" field.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Actually you're totally right, my bad, it can only show you issue count. So I would amend my answer to say, JQL based reporting will always return issue count. If you want to perform operations on field values you will either need to do something like Scriptrunner where you embed the results into another ticket, or a BI tool like EazyBi or Dataplane.

OK, understood, thank you for your support

Suggest an answer