"Field modified during transition validator" not validating Linked Issues field.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hello.

I have a problem with a "Field modified during transition" validator. I set it up so that on a certain point in workflow it should require modification of Linked Issues field. However it passes the transition, no matter if changes were done or not.

When I set up the very same validator to other field, assignee for example, it works perfectly.

It is a big problem for me, because the only other way to force the linking of certain issues at that point is to use "Field required" validator, but it don't seem to support the Linked Issues field at all.

Is there any possibility to require user to link issues at this certain point of workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

Hi Blazej,

I did some checks on this and you are right. The validator is not validating the field. Been looking if there's any other workaround for this but I'm sorry to say that there's none.

I've raised this bug report regarding this - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30979

Apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Regards,

Fahd

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Thank you very much for the quick answer.

Beeing not able to validate or require Linked Issues field on certain point in workflow made me look for at least some way to build a report of issues with no linkes. It seems searching issues by LinkedIssues field is also unavailable (unless you're using third party plug-ins which are unavailable with ondemand Jira). We ended up setting custom filter showing done stories (all- with and without links) and putting up a Linked Issues column. Now on wallboard we can see which stories have links and which have not. Pity this column is not sortable, but it's always some kind of resolution to out problem.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Blazej Olszyca.

Suggest an answer