"Field 'customfield_10045' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.

Tom Noblet April 5, 2022
{
    "fields": {
        "project": {
            "key""<projectkey>"
        },
        "summary""this is a test",
        "issuetype": {
            "name""Bug"
        },
        "customfield_10045": [{
            "accountId""<accountId>"
        }]
    }
}
Idk i have this awnser :
{
    "errorMessages": [],
    "errors": {
        "customfield_10045""Field 'customfield_10045' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."
    }
}
how to fix it ?

2 answers

0 votes
obrienc September 14, 2022

Check the configuration for your custom field.

( [custom field] > Actions > Configure)

1) Make sure the "Applicable Contexts" is appropriate for the issue type you're trying to create.

2) Check that the field is either configured for all projects (Global) or the project you're looking to create the issue in is included in the list of projects the field will display for.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Hey @Tom Noblet ,

The customfield_10045 should be on the screen (either create or edit depending on what you are trying to do)

Can you validate your screen configuration to see if this field is present?

Jira can only set fields which are actually on a screen which you would do manually.

Also make sure that the account you are authenticating with can actually create an issue in that project.

Tom Noblet April 5, 2022

How do i check if he is on the screen,i try to create a issue, he is in my bug issue type, and im authentify im sure.thx for the answer.

Tom Noblet April 5, 2022

I put it on my screens but i still have the error.

Suggest an answer