"Fast track transission an issue" for a linked issue.

GS1337 October 10, 2019

Hi,

i have an issuetype where i can create a story with a transition in the workflow of this issue type. When the User creates a Story by accident and actually wanted to do a different transition i want to put the story in a ceratin status. But i dont want to change anything in the Story's Workflow itself. Is it possible to do a "fast track transition this issue" function for the linked issue? 

We have Scriptrunner and Automation for Jira btw.

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

Hello @GS1337

You can achieve this using automation.

Create a new rule, add a trigger and then add Branch rule / related issues -> then transition issue to the desired status, need to be careful, if you have same-named transitions in more workflows, switch your workflow to text and the transition will have a name and number associated with him.

Here is automation documentation for linked issues.

If you need any help, just write here.

https://docs.automationforjira.com/issues/branching.html

BR, Olga

GS1337 October 10, 2019

Thx that seems to work, i cant find a trigger tho. I want to trigger the transission with a button that points to itself, in terms of Workflow Triggers i can only use a status change to. 

Suggest an answer