"Error This form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value configured"

rangel de oliveira machado April 20, 2017

Good afternoon,

I created a project in Jira Service Desk, made the priorities settings x SLA and costumisei the services catalog. When I register a request the following message appears

"Error This form contains a hidden field that does not have a valid default value configured"

Already exclude the Priority field and include again I changed the priority but did not resolve this issue.

Can someone help me?

3 answers

0 votes
futurewei001 March 26, 2019

I meet similar problem and find a way out, my problem is that I have a customized field have default value conflict with field filtering.

The field is a single user picker, hope can help...

Shankar Narayanan April 17, 2021

Thanks!

In a custom field, we have set a default value and also a filtering.

We cleared both and the particular issue resolved.

Yongwon BAEK May 5, 2021

sorry

0 votes
Olha Melnychuk February 13, 2018

Hi,

I also have the same issue. Steps above are not helping.

Untitled.jpg

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

A service desk request is a layer that goes on top of a JIRA issue.  The JIRA issues are usually more complex and detailed than the requests and have a lot more fields, with only a few shown to the customer making the requests.

If you have configured the JIRA issue to have a mandatory field that must be filled in, then either the Service Desk Request must ask the customer for it, OR you can set a default value for it and the issue will assume that is the value when a customer creates an request/issue.

You have at least one field that is mandatory in the issue, but not mapped or defaulted.

To find and fix this:

• Log in as an agent in that Service Desk and click "create" from the JIRA header. 
  • This will take you to a screen that to create the plain JIRA issue. 
  • Mandatory fields will be marked with a * to show you need to fill them in. 
  • Take a note of all of them, and check if they are defaulted. 
  • Try creating the issue and check that you don't get any "field is mandatory but not on screen" errors
  • If you do get errors here, it should tell you what fields you need to add to the screen - do that and try a new request

Finally, go over the list you made.  For every mandatory field, you must do one of these three:

• Make it optional in JIRA
  • Make sure it is on the Service Desk Request form
  • Set a default value for it in JIRA's settings for the field
Barion Operators February 11, 2018

Hi,

I have the same issue.

I run through the steps you suggested and I was able to create the ticket without any problem. The only mandatory field was the summary (beside the issue type, and project)

So I stuck now. What else can I check?

ps.: I have a Request type hidden from the portal. Can it cause the issue?

Thanks.

Jhonattan Lima Campos December 26, 2022

thank you for explining, my problem is resolved.

Suggest an answer