"Environment" field not displaying

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

I'm a pretty seasoned user/admin, and it's certainly possible this is a 'duh' request ... but ...

We've implemented the Jira Issue Collector plugin and, in testing, I'm looking for the captured info that's supposed to be showing up in the Environment field, but that field is not displayed on the view screen or the edit screen even though that field is assigned to the screen and applied to a tab within that specific screen. It's not hidden, it's applied to all issue types for this project, etc. ... for the life of me I can't figure out why it's not showing.

Help?

Rick Crow

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

This more or less fell off my radar for a while ... as I was prompted to look at this again by an Atlassian Answers email, I realize the environment field is now showing up appropriately in this context. Since there have been a few updates to the Issue Collector plugin ... and Jira, for that matter, since then, I'll assume this was resolved as a result and close this issue.

Thanks for the input.

1 vote
Pierre EK March 24, 2014

It is not showing for me, i guess there's a bug somewhere

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2012

Hmm, sounds like you've already checked everything I would have considered! If you create a new issue through the normal JIRA UI, does the Environment field show up, or does this problem only apply to issues created via Issue Collector?

Suggest an answer