"Details" not presented in a filter in order to create shares.

Anne Orton November 28, 2017

HI,

Suddenly we no longer find the "Details" function when we present the various filters we have created. Where has it gone and why is it no longer presented?

We often need to add and modify shares and now we do not have a clue to why we can't do it here any longer. See attached screenshot.

Brgds

Anne Orton

JIRA-Filter Details missing.PNGInvånartjänster

1 answer

0 votes
Anne Orton November 28, 2017

Additional information.

This is the instructions found:

Atlassian instructions - Sharing filters.PNG

Phil Perkins November 28, 2017

We too have lost this functionality on the cloud version. Our hosted solution (which is a bit older) still has this functionality.  Any help would be appreciated.

Beth Whittle November 29, 2017

We also lost this functionality. It looks like you have to switch to the new JIRA experience and then follow the instructions in this question: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-share-custom-filters/qaq-p/679233

Anne Orton November 30, 2017

OK, thanks. I noticed that and it works also using "the old experience".

However, this is not my main concern.

Why remove an easy accessible function i.e. the possibility to change shares when having a filter presented?

Now, after having the filter already presented we must select Manage filter, then search for and present the filter once more, then select Edit and finally it is possible to edit the shares.

I only see the removal of the function from the filtered view as a way to make life more complicated for the users.

Also it would be great if the documentations was updated accordingly when changing functionality.

Suggest an answer