"Details on changes to administration console" dropdown...

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

So my users - and I - are getting annoyed by the notification bar that comes down from the top of the screen on *every* JIRA page. I heard you - there are changes coming, I looked at them, now stop notifying me.

I can't figure out how to get it to *stop* notifying me. Anybody?

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2013

The fix was supposedly pushed yesterday to allow you to close it (and not see it again) - have you tried to use the 'X' in the upper right to close it since yesterday? Let us know if that's not working for you.

Thanks,

-dave

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

That is not working for me. I'm using Chrome 24.0.1312.52 m, the latest version. I can cick the "X" and it turns it off for that session, but if I close Chrome and reopen it, it re-appears.

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2013

Hey there,

I just verified this with the developer - the fix is indeed in production. If this is coming back for you, that is likely due to persistence with your cookies; if your browser is deleting your cookies in restart then that 'close' won't be remembered.

Please check that cookies are not deleted when you restart your browser: in Chrome, this is set in Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Content Setting > Allow local data to be set (recommended).

Thanks,

-dave

Suggest an answer