"Database Values Plugin" and text searches

Stefano De Gaetano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

Hi all, I'm using "Database Values Plugin" version 3.4 on my 6.3.15 Jira Server environment. There is a way to perform text searches in a custom field of type "Database Values Selection Field"? In particular with the operator "~"?

I tried to change the searcher associated with the custom field, but I cannot find any searcher that allow me to perform text searches....

Thanks in advance.

Stefano De Gaetano

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Hi,, I think that is not possible. We abandoned the Database Values Plugin some time (years) ago (so I did not follow its current state), mainly for difficulties with searching, and with filling in data (case sensitive).

We changed to the Database Custom field plugin from Kepler Rominfo, that allows text search (with wildcards), easy data entry (label-field like), etc... And (much) easier to set up smile.

Suggest an answer