"Created vs. Resolved Issues Report" shows wrong number of unresolved issues

Marcele Guimaraes September 25, 2014

All the reports that I have been trying to generate for releases over a period after mid of August is giving me an error result. The Report shows number of unresolved issues even all they have been already closed. The expected result would be a Report with all resolved issues. If I create Reports with tickets closed before that period (mid of August) result is correct. I can't relate this error to any configuration change that was done between this period that could've caused that. The only major modification was done on configuration was the creation of the new Agile Scrum Board and the creation of new versions of that. We use "Created vs. Resolved issues Report" on a regular basis for our company and board meeting slides, and it is a high priority for me to have this fixed ASAP. Has anyone experience that before or has any idea of what could be happening?

2 answers

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2014

this happen to us recently too. You have to verify that the tickets when they are closed the resolution is set. If this is not set then tickets will show up in queries even though they are closed. Make sure the workflow has the appropiate resolution window sow up when tickets are closed. Additionally you can add a post function to do this.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2014

You use the word 'Closed', which may not be the same as Resolved depending on your workflow. You may want to double check that a workflow wasn't changed. I've seen workflows where issues are Resolved (the Resolved field is set) by the developer when they believe the issue is fixed which BEFORE the issue is closed.

Suggest an answer