"Created vs. Resolved Chart" shows all issues as resolved, which is wrong

Henrik Schwarze November 16, 2013

I use the "Created vs. Resolved Chart" in the project's summary. In this chart all issues are resolved, which is wrong. But when I go to the issues tab, two issues are unresolved, which is true. If I add a new issue, it is immediately shown as resolved in the chart, although I do not log any action with the issue. How do I configure issues, so that the chart is displayed correctly?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2013

Could you check the actual resolution on the new issue?

I suspect your workflow has been set up to create issues with a resolution set, or the resolution has been put on the "create" screen so it's being set as the user creates it. If it actively says "unresolved" on the issue, then can you also nip into Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions and check that no-one has made the mistake of adding "unresolved" as a resolution (beacause that is very very bad)

Henrik Schwarze November 16, 2013

Thank you. You're right. The resolution has been put on the "create" screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2013

I've seen a few like this recently while visiting people for work, hence the reasonably swift answer! Glad you found it and it's an easy one :-)

Ian McCormick March 26, 2019

That seems to resolve the issues moving forward, but for those legacy tickets that already went through that flow, they are still stuck in the weird limbo of having Resolved, despite it being taken off the Create Screen.

Any thoughts?

Ian McCormick March 26, 2019

Update - The only thing i have found that works so far is clearing the Resolution field in a Transition Workflow. Is there a cleaner, more bulk movement way of doing this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2019

Transitions that clear it are the only way to do it without coding (Scriptrunner has a built in script for clearing incorrect resolution, so it's someone else's code, but the point is you need an App of some sort)

Like Ian McCormick likes this

Suggest an answer