"Create" button on event creation screen doesn't do anything. Why?

Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2011

I have created a new issue type for handling basically a certain type of application form; the form consists of a number of custom fields. I have created a custom screen which displays all the fields and associated this screen to the issue type. I have created a project to collect together all the issue types which will be generated by this form. I have created a custom workflow (currently just a copy of the default JIRA workflow), for handling the issues.

I have managed to get the "Create Issue" screen appearing OK, with the fields. However, when I click on "Create" nothing happens; the screen stays visible and there is no error message. None of the fields are required fields (and even if I fill in some values nothing happens when I click Create).

Any ideas why? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2011

Sounds like something iffy on the create transition. I have seen this before, when a plugin is failing silently. Check the application log for errors (ideally, "tail -f" it in a terminal session, and belt "create" in the browser). If that tells you nothing, then check the workflow transition - if it has validators, take a note of them and remove them to see if it works without them. Do the same for the non-standard post-functions.

Hugh Prior
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2011

OK, thanks for the suggestion.

Suggest an answer