"Create a sub-task" post-function script is not behaving properly

Moon April 7, 2015

I am running JIRA version 6.3.12.

When a new issue gets created, I am trying to use two separate consecutive Post Functions in my workflow to automatically create subtasks if a condition is true and assign subtask to appropriate users. I am using script post-function to create these subtasks based on what Franchise Name was selected and assign the sub-task to different users. "Franchise Name" is a custom field that is a pull-down list. When an issue is created and the script runs, what I get is regardless of what Franchise Name is selected, always 2 subtasks get created. Any help will be really appreciated. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have for the first post-function"

condition:

cfValues['Franchise Name']?.value == 'FRANCHISE A' || 'FRANCHISE B' || 'FRANCHISE C'

target issue type:

Sub-task

Additional issue actions: 

issue.summary = ('Franchise was selected:  ' + issue.summary)
issue.assigneeId = 'usernameA@email.com'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I have for the second post-function

condition:

cfValues['Franchise Name']?.value == 'FRANCHISE AA' || 'FRANCHISE BB' || 'FRANCHISE CC'

target issue type:

Sub-task

Additional issue actions: 

issue.summary = ('Franchise was selected:  ' + issue.summary)
issue.assigneeId = 'usernameB@email.com'

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2 answers

0 votes
Moon April 8, 2015

Thank you for your response. The custom field is a "Select List (single choice)". I was playing around with it more and got it working using this condition statement:

(cfValues['Franchise Name']?.value == 'FRANCHISE AA') || (cfValues['Franchise Name']?.value == 'FRANCHISE BB') || (cfValues['Franchise Name']?.value == 'FRANCHISE CC')

Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

Excellent ! Good job ! fyi i added the tag "script runner" to your issue.

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

First thing is your conditions: What type of custom field is your 'Franchise Name' ?

(if your custom field is a multi-select field it shoul be as follow : 

cfValues["Some Multiselect"]*.value.contains("Some value")

for the rest, the format should be as follow: 

issue.summary = 'Franchise was selected:  ' + issue.summary()
issue.assigneeId = 'username'

Suggest an answer