"Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue" mail handler creates a new issue when it´s not suppose to

Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2016

Hi everyone!!

I'm using this mail handler because I need that JIRA automatically creates a new issue or add a comment to an existing one, based on the Mail handler documentation (This handler creates a new issue or adds a comment to an existing issue. If the subject contains an issue key, the message is added as a comment to that issue. If no issue key is found, a new issue is created in the default project.), but when it process an email with the same subject that a previous one, instead of creating a new issue, it adds a comment to the issue that was created due that email.

E.g. I send an email with the subject "my email" (and no body) and JIRA creates issue # SJ-313, then a send a new email with the subject "my email" (no body too), and JIRA adds a comment to SJ-313 instead of creating a new issue.

I have only one server and one mail handler configured.

Anybody had this problem too?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Aylin Kohls
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Atlassian raised a bug about it, please vote for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-63468

Suggest an answer