"Could not get clob value for"

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Hi 

When I try to make a XML backup file in JIRA It show me an error:

image2016-1-19 8:54:35.png

I see atlassian-jira.log and it show me the following error.

com.atlassian.activeobjects.spi.ActiveObjectsImportExportException: There was an error during import/export with plugin Jitter Notify - In-App Notifications for JIRA(com.jitterplugin.jira.jitter-notify) #0.4 (table AO_0BE43A_NOTIFICATION_BODY):Could not get clob value for col #1

Did you have any experience like this and are there any resolution for that?

2 answers

1 vote
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2016

This knowledge base article is for Confluence, but the AO code would work more or less the same in both products, and it says that this is due to a bug in the OJDBC 7 Oracle Driver version 12.1.0.1.0.

The remediation steps listed there sound like they would work just as well for JIRA.

crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2016

(Just in case the linked text was too subtle... the knowledge base article I'm talking about is here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=780863295 )

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Table with name started at AO usually used by plugins. Since you could check which one do it. 

It could be done admin panel => system => data storage for plugin (on the bottom).

When you find which plugin use this table will try to do next step.

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2016

I know it's plugin. it is Jitter but I can't understand what happened with it. Can you explain next steps?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2016
  1. Ask for support here:https://jitter.uservoice.com/
  2. It seem some trouble with database. Try to check values into this table via SQL.

Select 
    	AO_0BE43A_NOTIFICATION_BODY.*
    from
    	AO_0BE43A_NOTIFICATION_BODY

It has to be column with clobe valus, perhaps some values are corrupted. 

Suggest an answer