"Close Issue" permission not being restricted

Mick d'Ancona September 3, 2012

We use JIRAOD, and I have set up a bespoke permission scheme and removed Close Issue permission from all users bar one group (of which I am the only member). I have then added this permission scheme to a project, but every user (as far as I can tell) can still close Issues. I've even tried removing this permission from ALL members, groups etc., but to no avail.

Can you help me resolve, as this is a fundamentally important restriction for our business.

Thanks,

Mick

2 answers

0 votes
Mick d'Ancona September 6, 2012

I believe the resolution to this was that I had manually added some transitions to move to the "Closed" status, but that these weren't explicitly checking the for the relevant "Close Issues" permission. I had retained the default "Close Issue" transition for some steps, so as these default ones were set up correctly, users experienced the correct behaviour in some circumstances, but not all.

Easily solved once identified!

0 votes
Mick d'Ancona September 4, 2012

This has now been resolved (and Atlassian support were very helpful). However, as far as I can see, no changes were made - the set-up I have now (which Atlassian confirmed is correct) is, to the best of my knowledge, the same as before the problem was resolved. I suspect user error on my part, but can't identify where

Suggest an answer