"Assigned to Me" field not showing assigned issue

nayanvmehta August 5, 2014

Hi,

I have certain project roles like lead, and team etc for particular function.

Now I have assigned issue to the lead but the lead user(Assignee) is not able to see the issue in the "assigned to me" widget.

Assignee is part of jira-user and the assignable users in the permission scheme is also jira-users.

Please suggest the solution.

Nayan

3 answers

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2014

Hi Nayan,

Can you confirm if the Lead is actually able to access the ticket itself if he searches for the ticket not being displayed?

Either he (the Lead) doesn't have permission to view the ticket at all (Browse Permission or Issue Security Level), or the ticket is already with a resolution specified, as suggested by Nic, and the Assigned to Me gadget only displays unresolved issues.

Hope this helps.

nayanvmehta August 10, 2014

Lead is able to see the issue and is able to change the issue status(since it is assigned to him/her) and resolution is appearing as Unresolved(italics).

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2014

Nayan,

As we are not getting the issues under the "Assigned to me" field, can you confirm if the same will happen in other projects, instead of this one which you setup? Also, is the issue in which status? For example, is this 'Resolved', 'frozen', etc?

nayanvmehta August 7, 2014

yes, I tried it with other projects also with the same results..

nayanvmehta August 8, 2014

I have 4 different types of issues, this is working for two issues and it is not working for other two ossue types.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2014

Could you run a filter that includes all four issues and look carefully at the resolution column - I suspect you are going to find the ones you can see in your "assigned to me" have Unresolved (in italics), and the others have another value (which may well be Unresolved, but not in italics)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

When you say you assigned to the lead, you assigned to the user right? Clarifying because you mentioned "lead" as a role too.

Make sure the ticket is not resolved. The gadget doesn't show resolved tickets.

If the ticket is unresolved, do a full reindexing and see if it changes anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

I strongly suspect it's the resolution being set inappropriately, because of https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/323035/issue-regarding-resolution

nayanvmehta August 7, 2014

resolution is set properly using post function but still the issue is present.

Suggest an answer