"Assigned To: Assigned To is required." error

Meredith Moritz September 18, 2017

Over the weekend, we were no longer able to create JIRA issues and were receiving errors such as "Assigned To: Assigned To is required." or "Due Date: Due Date is required."
Was a change made to JIRA fields for "Assignee" to be changed to "Assigned To:"?  We use several workflows and I don't want to have to manually edit them all for my team to be able to create tickets again.

If anyone else has this issue or know how to resolve it I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Here is a screengrab of the error:
2017-09-18_0905.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

One of your administrators has made the "assigned to" and "due date" fields mandatory in that project, either with field configurations or with validators in your workflow.

You'll need to undo that change, or probably limit it to the project(s) where they intended to do it.

Meredith Moritz September 18, 2017

This is exactly what the issue was. A less-experienced team member changed a global setting in JIRA while trying to customize a project workflow.
Thank you for the reply! This issue can be closed.

Suggest an answer