"Assign to me" link and permission

Lecathelinais Eric July 18, 2017

Hi,

When I create an issue I would like only the PM to assign the issue to a developper.
When the PM changes the status of "Send to developper" (workflow) and assigns a developper, the developper is allowed to assign it to other developper.

So I configured the field "Assignable User" and "Assign Issues" in the permission scheme of my project --> OK
I created a behavior for the field "Assignee": Read only for step "Open" except PM --> OK

It seems to work fine but I still have the "Assign to me" link.
Indeed, when I create an issue, (and I am not the PM) this issue is automatically assign to PM (OK) and no one
can change the assign to another developper except PM (OK). But I can click on "Assign to me" link. I do not want that

How can I change the status of the "Assign to me" link to "read only" or "hide" as long as the PM has not assigned to a developper ?
It seems I do not have access to this link with behavior

If I'm not clear, do not hesitate to tell me !!

Thanks for your help

Eric

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

"Assign to me" link is not a workflow action. Instead, it is an issue operation that is available to everyone who has both "Assign Issues" and "Assignable User" permissions. It is a feature in JIRA to allow someone to quickly take ownership of an issue.

If you cannot ignore it, you can disable it by disablling the system plugin module (assign-to-me module in the Issue Operations plugin). But, it will be system wide and will make it unavailable to everyone. I wouldn't recommend it unless it is a major blocker in enabling your process.

Thanks Jobin for your reply.

I cannot disable it because I have many projects in my JIRA instance.

So for you, it is not possible to manage this link depending on permissions.

Ok, I will see with the PM if he can ignore that ...

Thanks again !!

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

Hi i think Jobim is right, what about the creation of an specific permission scheme for the project you need to modify?

Sorry Gaston, I'm not sure I understand your question (I'm French and not really fluent English and even with the translation of google, it's not clear ... and I use JIRA for 3 month :)). Could you explain it in another way?

In my permission scheme,  only PM and developpers are allowed for In my permission scheme, I allow only PM and developper for "Assign Issues" and "Assignable User" fields

And  in Add-ons > Behaviours, I create a new behaviour and I configured the Assignee field with this options:

Read only when create an issue except for the PM

2017-07-18_164332.jpg

About my problem, I thought that by going through Add-ons> Behaviours, I could have a solution. Maybe with a groovy script in "Initialiser Function", I can do something !!

thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2017

You have do it with Behaviors or can have a javascript hack that removes the link. But yeah, you can't do with permissions alone.

SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV December 2, 2019

Hello @Lecathelinais Eric  and @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]

I have a similar requirement. I need to disable the 'Assign to me' link when a custom field has a particular value. I have tried using the Behaviour Script - Initializer as well as Server Side Script, with no avail.

Could you please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Swapnil Srivastav.

Suggest an answer