"Assign to me" button should transition issue from one state to the next.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2013

Hi,

What I require is that -

"Assign to me button should transition issue from one state to the next state of the workflow."

or if it's possible to hide the Assign to me button for a certain state of a certain workflow?

JIRA 4.4.4

Regards

Tarun

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2013

Hi Tarun,

just a small comment from me to your question: I would not use the "Assign to me" Button to do something completely different than assigning an issue to me. If you use it in every workflow state, how would you know, what exactly you are doing ? You do 20 times "Assign to me" and every time it means something else. I think, your users would not understand what is happening there.

So, hide it, if you want (as Ramiro pointed to), but do not give the button another meaning...

Cheers

Thomas

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

Hi Tarun, same question has been asked a few hours ago:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/159032/hide-the-button-assign-and-assign-to-me-when-a-specific-status-is-set

There you have some possible solutions for this.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

One other possibility not mentioned in that question is a plugin called Script Runner, with this plugin you can create a listener for the Issue Assigned event and fire a transition. The only problem is that this will be fired everytime the issue it's assigned, not only when it's assigned by the assign button.

Suggest an answer