"Agile" top menu item does nothing

Volodymyr Fesko February 2, 2014

Hello! Today I've noticed "Agile" top menu item which does nothing but refresing current page. It looks like <a class="aui-nav-link " href="" id="gha-menu-item" title="Try out JIRA Agile">Agile</a>

Agile add-on is disabled.

Thx!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2014

Maybe is the plugin being disabled or maybe something else.

Feel free to create a request a support.atlassian.comfor this sort of problems where the support team can investigate further.

Cheers,
Mauro

1 vote
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2014

Hi Volodymyr,

It sounds like the add-on has not intialised correctly. If you and your team are using JIRA Agile you can try re-enabling the add-on:

Access https://<ondemand-instance>/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/all#manage

Search for 'agile'

Expand 'JIRA Agile' and select 'Disable' and then 'Enable'

Cheers,

Paul

0 votes
Kavian Moradhassel August 6, 2014

I don't have an answer to making the "Agile" button work (it's not working for me either), but you can remove it by disabling one of the newer system add-ons: JIRA Agile Marketing Plugin.

I'm getting a little tired of Atlassian continuing to market to tool administrators through the users. I've commented previously on their use of the "What's New" box to showcase admin functions (which my users don't care about), and now all of my users are expected to learn about JIRA Agile, on a Server instance where our organization does not want JIRA Agile (we have a separate instance with JIRA Agile included).

In general, this is indicative of small-scale thinking...marketing like this works for small teams, but for larger organizations where the users number in the thousands, the best case is that this introduces noise, and the worst case is that it confuses users and results in a larger number of support questions. In other words, this is very non-"Enterprise"...Atlassian introduced their JIRA Enterprise team a while back, and we've heard very little from them lately, which leads me to believe that the word "Enterprise" was just an excuse to increase licensing fees. Other than some improvements in the monitoring tools provided in the admin interface, I've seen very little difference otherwise.

0 votes
Przemek Augustyn February 3, 2014

I have the same issue here. I purposely blocked "JIRA Agile" module to get rid off this button. Doesn't work. Still there, but doing nothing...

Really annoying.

Suggest an answer