question on agile scrum configuration

Shamith Shankar January 24, 2017

i have a requirement to track component wise  and feature wise scrum tracking.

so i was thinking of Epic for each component to track the progress on components. its works out fine for my requirement, since we can track sprint wise also and components wise progress as well. only problem is how to fit in new Features into board ?  
i mean if i create stories, i can track the burndown of it , and i searched for cusotmized burndown charts, i didnt see much. even if i add Feature names in tasks in sprints, i cannot track burndown. so how to handle  3 level (component, sprint and feature) burndown tracking in agile?

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

It's a hack but you could setup an additional sprint board that only includes issues with component and feature.  The sprint burndown will then display what you want.

Shamith Shankar January 24, 2017

Thanks Randy. i thought that, but there will be lot of features for a release for multiple components. so within 6 months there would be 30+ boards..

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

I would think that once you complete a component and/or release, you wouldnt need to keep the board around anymore and can either delete it or repurpose it.

Shamith Shankar January 25, 2017

Component will not be completed anytime soon. new feature will keep adding for the component.

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2017

The point of a burndown is to show how much is left before you hit your goal.  If your goal as stated earlier is to complete the work scoped for a "component + feature + sprint" then would you anticipate that the burndown hits zero remaining items by the end of the sprint?

Suggest an answer