query to list all JIRA project admins from all projects

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2012

Does anyone know of a way to easily retrieve a list of all project administrators in JIRA? Is there a SQL query somewhere that I can poach or some other way to get this data out of JIRA?

Google wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped. Suggestions?

I feel like there is an email this issue plugin that will let me email users based on role, perhaps I need to look at that. Either way, just need a quick way to identify and message all project admins. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Adam

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

There is an easy way to do this from JIRA itself. Go to Administration > Mail > Send E-Mail. Select project Roles and select the role 'Administrators' in the To field. You can now put in the content and send it!

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2012

What about using JIRA 3.13.2?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2012

That does assume that your permission schemes use "role = administrator" to control project admin access. You may do it other ways (e.g. project lead, group...).

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
February 9, 2012

The admin role is fine for me, we want to extend it beyond just the leads because sometimes leads are just figure heads. They own the project, but aren't the worker bees involved.

I can't use this apparoch in 3.13.2 though. I think the JIRA Email This Issue Plugin has an option to just email all users that may be similar. i can try that. If not, I may be able to send a blast out using a dev JIRA 4 instance. I'll have to try it.

Thanks for the input though Jobin and Nic.

3 votes
Azfar_Masut July 11, 2017

Below is the latest/cleanest query that can easily be modify according to your needs

SELECT p.pname, pr.NAME, u.display_name, u.email_address 
FROM projectroleactor pra
INNER JOIN projectrole pr ON pr.ID = pra.PROJECTROLEID
INNER JOIN project p ON p.ID = pra.PID
INNER JOIN app_user au ON au.lower_user_name = pra.ROLETYPEPARAMETER
INNER JOIN cwd_user u ON u.user_name = au.user_key where pr.NAME = 'Administrators' order by p.pname;

Cheers

Reddeppa July 13, 2020

Hi,  

Can you please let me know if its possible to get the project details in below format with query.

Project Name, Project Key, Project Admin UserName, Project Admin UserFullName, Project AdminEmailID  and list of groups that have projectadmin access on the project(s).

We add admin access permissions to groups and then assign members to these groups, so that all users who are part of that group will get access to that respective project.

Thank you.

3 votes
Swaroop vj January 30, 2015
select lead project_admin,project.pname from project union select 
projectroleactor.roletypeparameter, project.pname from projectroleactor,
 projectrole, project where projectrole.id = projectroleactor.projectroleid and projectroleactor.pid =project.id and projectroleactor.roletype ='atlassian-user-role-actor' and projectrole.name = 'Administrators';

even i am looking for the same. I used this query , However the email address i am not able to connect here. Any query which list of Email address of the Project Admin ?

0 votes
Andy Zhou October 27, 2016

Project Lead is not the same as Project Administrators.  I'm using the following SQL to find any group and/or user who are Project Administrators of any Project.

select prjra.roletypeparameter, prj.pname, prj.pkey 
from PROJECTROLEACTOR prjra, PROJECT prj, PROJECTROLE prjr
where prjra.roletypeparameter in ('group1', 'group2', 'user1', ...)
  and prjra.pid = prj.id
  and prjra.projectroleid = prjr.id
  and prjr.name = 'Administrators'
Reddeppa July 13, 2020

Hi,  

Can you please let me know if its possible to get the project details in below format with query.

Project Name, Project Key, Project Admin UserName, Project Admin UserFullName, Project AdminEmailID  and list of groups that have projectadmin access on the project(s).

We add admin access permissions to groups and then assign members to these groups, so that all users who are part of that group will get access to that respective project.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer