query for the number of bugs created during a sprint without dates specifiction

Deleted user August 22, 2017

I would like to access all the bugs created during a sprint and their total number using a query like "project=LSD and issuetype=bug AND created during sprint=14" without specifying "created >= AND created <= " as I don't have the start and end dates for the sprint. Is there a way to this ?

2 answers

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2020

Hello Everyone,

Additionally to the option suggested by Tarun, we have a feature request created to allow a JQL search based on the duration time of a Sprint in Jira Cloud:

search for issues raised during a sprint 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2017

JIRA by default doesn't provide a way to find the issues *created during sprint* because if I understand your requirement correctly you don't want issues which have the field "sprint =14" rather you want issues "created after sprint 14 started"

Only way which comes to my mind is to use "script runner" add-on

JQL would be

For all issues on board "Sample scrum board" and sprint name  "sprint 14"

issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("Sample Scrum Board", "Sprint 14")

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_addedaftersprintstart

for just bugs add * and type =bug* in the above JQL and that should do the trick.

Sidney Chen March 28, 2021

The above JQL will list the sprint scope changes with what added into the scope after the sprint started, it does not address the original issue which we need to query out all bugs found during a spring, these  bugs may not be assigned to any of the spring yet, it's in the backlog. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events