put some information in fieds

soukaina charkaoui January 11, 2018

Hello I have  a CSV file , I extract information from the file with a python script : like date , issue name ...  the second part of my script will be  to put those information in the custom fields on jira , automatically , I tried to  check the API python jira but I did'nt understand well how I can do it. 

Thanks for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shaun S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

If you're assigning the CSV data to variables already, you should be able to assign them to custom fields using a dictionary.  The custom fields in my example are text fields, but this logic should work. You'll want to replace the customfield_ID with the IDs from your environment.

from jira import JIRA

jira_options={'server': 'http://example.com'}
jira=JIRA(options=jira_options,basic_auth=('username','password'))

<Your existing code for importing data from CSV>

issue_dict = {
'project': {'id': <project_id>},
'summary': 'New issue from python script',
'description': 'Your description here',
'issuetype': {'name': 'Bug'},
'customfield_10400': variable1
'customfield_10401': variable2
'customfield_10402': variable3
}

new_issue = jira.create_issue(fields=issue_dict)
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018
soukaina charkaoui January 15, 2018

thank you for your answer , but the link your sent to me doesn't help that much in my case

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2018

The REST API is the way to do this, but we can't really help you with the Python.  Have a look in Python resources for "how do I make a REST call to another system from my Python code"

Suggest an answer