project role permission can't restrict user creat issue even who doesn't belong this project

ericli January 4, 2015

For example:

user belong jira-user  and belong project vmse-ticketTrack R&D(custom a user list) and then the relationship as blow image , my original will was let him only creat issue in vmse-tickeTrack, but him can creat issue in another project .

1.png

I guess the reason is the user belong the default jira-user group, but I can't remove him from jira-user ,otherwise he even can't login be allowed.

how do I configure can fix the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2015

You need to stop using the jira-users group to allow access to projects (except where a project genuinely is "access for everyone")

First, check the permission scheme lets you do what you want - e.g. "everyone in the role of R&D can read the project" and "Everyone in the role of tester can be assigned issues", and so-on

Then remove the jira-users group from the roles.  Replace it with other groups that accurately reflect what your users actually need, and/or put the users in the roles individually.

One general piece of advice - despite the defaults in a new off-the-shelf JIRA being set up this way, using the group jira-users for anything is a pain, and you should NOT do it.  Use Jira-users to say "can log in", and nothing else (other than genuinely global stuff - the "support this jira" project, "browse users", and "bulk edit" maybe).

Suggest an answer