project permission

Seth Frumkin September 8, 2016

When I change the permissions scheme for one project it affects all projects.  How can I avoid this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2016

Create a new permission scheme and associate it with the project you want to handle separately to the others.

Seth Frumkin September 12, 2016

Thank you for the response.  I tried to figure this out in the Atlassian documentation but I traced it back to the (seemingly complicated) installation of something called Crucible.  Do I need to install this in order to create a permission scheme?

Thank you for the response.  I tried to figure this out in the Atlassian documentation but I traced it back to the (seemingly complicated) installation of something called Crucible.  Do I need to install this in order to create a permission scheme?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2016

Eh?  No idea how you might have got there, that's quite a leap in the wrong direction!

All you need to do in your JIRA is separate out the schemes.  Let's say you have the default scheme and it's called permissions-A.  If you want to make project ABC work differently to project DEF, then you change the schemes for them.  Create a new permission scheme called permissions-B, set it up the way you need it and associate it with the DEF.

I'm having a difficult time finding the location of where I can change a permission scheme for an individual project.  If possible can you help me get there?

never mind got it!

Suggest an answer