project permission

When I change the permissions scheme for one project it affects all projects.  How can I avoid this?

1 answer

0 vote

Create a new permission scheme and associate it with the project you want to handle separately to the others.

Thank you for the response.  I tried to figure this out in the Atlassian documentation but I traced it back to the (seemingly complicated) installation of something called Crucible.  Do I need to install this in order to create a permission scheme?

Thank you for the response.  I tried to figure this out in the Atlassian documentation but I traced it back to the (seemingly complicated) installation of something called Crucible.  Do I need to install this in order to create a permission scheme?

Eh?  No idea how you might have got there, that's quite a leap in the wrong direction!

All you need to do in your JIRA is separate out the schemes.  Let's say you have the default scheme and it's called permissions-A.  If you want to make project ABC work differently to project DEF, then you change the schemes for them.  Create a new permission scheme called permissions-B, set it up the way you need it and associate it with the DEF.

I'm having a difficult time finding the location of where I can change a permission scheme for an individual project.  If possible can you help me get there?

never mind got it!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot