project permission not working after upgrade

Gary Goodge October 27, 2014

Hi,

we've recently upgraded from v5.2.4 to v6.3.8 and are finding that some of the user permissions set at project level are not working.  If we delete the user and reassign them then all is well but I don't really fancy doing that for everyone and we can't tell what's working and what's not.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to refresh them all in one go.

Thanks 

GG

3 answers

0 votes
Gary Goodge October 28, 2014

In the end, I scripted the deletes and inserts in SQL.  Amended the sequence table and restarted JIRA and that seems to have fixed it.

All very strange really!

0 votes
Gary Goodge October 27, 2014

We're using LDAP.  It seems to be affecting single users only, groups and roles all work fine.

On the database there is a permission field in the schemepermisssions table and this is set to a number for those that are not working.  If I delete and re-add the user through the UI then the new record has a null in that field, and the permission starts working.  

I have tried just updating that field to null but that doesn't work, only deleting and adding seems to do the trick.

I ran SQL profiler on the database to see if there was anything else getting updated but apart from the audit tables there wasn't.

Obviously I can script up the delete and add but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2014

That's not a known issue as far as I can tell.  I've done similar upgrades and all the permissions come across fine.

What user data directory are you using (Internal, Crowd, LDAP etc)?

Suggest an answer