project/component lead as additional assignee

Frits van der Holst October 4, 2015

Hi,

To explain the situation; we have 3 teams working on 1 project. To keep the backlog of the teams clean, I have created a filter that shows only the team specific issues. This filter looks at the additional assignee (custom) field. For this I have added 3 users: Team 1, 2 and 3 whcih can be selected in this field .

Now I would like to auto fill the field when an issue is created by selecting the component lead (a team). The problem is that I cannot seem to do this with a post funtion?

are there any other ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2015

Why not just use the Components? You will have all the benefits:

• You know which team a ticket belongs to (Component = Team A)
  • A ticket will only have one true Assignee (Instead of "assignee = Team A" custom field)
  • The Backlog filters can be easily updated
  • Plus, You now have a Component Lead which may be the lead of that team.
Frits van der Holst October 5, 2015

We thought about that, but we already use components what they are meant for; specific parts of the project/software. The additional assignee field is already present (since multiple developers could be working on 1 story...it happens :-), so why not use if to also add a Team (at least that was what we thought).

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2015

You should be able to do it with an inline script post function.  This question shows a sample of such a script that is very similar in that it checks against component, with the difference being they are setting the normal assignee and not a custom field.  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30947704/answers/30947713 .

Suggest an answer