project admin can't see project settings

Deborah Cross May 17, 2016

Hi all,

I've added a user as the project lead and to the project administrator role yet he cannot see the Project Settings option and therefore cannot configure the project. Permissions helper says he should be able to do this.

What's missing here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2016

Hi @Deborah Cross,

Unfortunately this is a bug, and we're working on releasing a fix ASAP. As a workaround, the project admin can still select Projects from the Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 10.35.28 AM.png drop-down, and then select their project from the list to access the project settings page.

For reference, the logged bug is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60811

Thanks,

Warren

Chris Riha February 1, 2018

I am having the same issue, ie not being able to access a project’s setting.  Do I need to be set up with an admin account?  Also as I was uploading the project portfolio to Jira I noticed a duplicate entry and need to delete a project is that done through ‘settings’ menu?

thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2018

Yes, you need to be an admin to work with the admin stuff.

Umair Ashraf September 11, 2018

It still doesn't work

Alex Gurr October 7, 2018

Same here - I'm a full blown JIRA + project administrator but don't see all settings?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2018

This is an old question, so there's now two answers in some cases:

1.  You're not an admin on the right project (as before)

2. The project is an "Agility" project, which has no admin settings

Like Jenny Wheatley likes this

Suggest an answer