prohibit transfer to work if the field value is not set

Aleksey Eropkin April 9, 2021

Sorry for my english.

I have project and modified workflow so that user must at first setup custom field "story points estimates" and then he can move task to "In progress"

But I can't understand. If I try to move task "to do" -> "in progress" without fullfill field I can see such error Untitled.png

I see, that I can't move task, but also I can do it. How I can remove middle element.

Also I can move task to "in progress" by drop down menu in task. How I can disable this too?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

hey Aleksey,

I think you're using a next-generation project based on the screenshot, which currently doesn't have any way to enforce required fields before status transitions.

In order to do this through the workflow (a conditional or validator will work for that) you would need to move to a classic project.

What you can do (and I don't suggest this, but it can be done) is use automation rules to move tickets back in the workflow if they're missing info, or to send a message to someone when the data is missing and the ticket has been moved.

Aleksey Eropkin April 13, 2021

sorry for my english.

It was my bug) I forgot about default transaction from any statuses. I deleted it and now it is working very well.

Screenshot_2021-04-13_11-10-42.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events