problem with notifications

kris March 6, 2013

I have a user who is complaining of too many notifications. She has finally given me an example I can't explain (not a watcher/reporter/etc). When I run the notification helper it tells me she received the notification because:

User Custom Field Value#user is listed in the 'Participants' field

The problem is that while we do have 1 custom field called Participants, it is not (and never has been to my knowledge) applied to this project. Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Looks like we found a couple legacy issues is all.

• Participants was still being addressed in the notification scheme
  • Old ticket, so Participants had been populated at some point, which no longer happens.
2 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2013

Hi Kris,

You can try setting the context for this custom field only to the projects you want to actually use the field.

This should remove any association with the field Participants to any project that's not supposed to be using it.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

kris March 6, 2013

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately (in this case) that's what we already do. The field's context is only set to 2 projects, neither of which is this problem project.

Suggest an answer