It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

problem with notifications

kris Mar 06, 2013

I have a user who is complaining of too many notifications. She has finally given me an example I can't explain (not a watcher/reporter/etc). When I run the notification helper it tells me she received the notification because:

User Custom Field Value#user is listed in the 'Participants' field

The problem is that while we do have 1 custom field called Participants, it is not (and never has been to my knowledge) applied to this project. Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden Mar 06, 2013

Looks like we found a couple legacy issues is all.

• Participants was still being addressed in the notification scheme
  • Old ticket, so Participants had been populated at some point, which no longer happens.
2 votes
Marcus Silveira Atlassian Team Mar 06, 2013

Hi Kris,

You can try setting the context for this custom field only to the projects you want to actually use the field.

This should remove any association with the field Participants to any project that's not supposed to be using it.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

kris Mar 06, 2013

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately (in this case) that's what we already do. The field's context is only set to 2 projects, neither of which is this problem project.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,694 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you