problem with moving bulk issues to another project

Triin Tisler January 14, 2014

Hi,

If I bulk all issues and want to move them to another project (edit issues), then if I choose new project and click "confirm" - > then i get an error message: Error while updating selected issues.Please refer to the log for more details.

I use Jira Ondemand version.

How i can fix problem?

Thanks,

Triin

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 29, 2016

Hi, I am also encountering this problem both when trying to moove issues by bulk change and also when trying to move a parent-issue with several sub-tasks. I have the move issues permission in both projects and moving single issues between the projects works fine. I get the following message "Oops, you've found a dead link". 

image2016-8-29 15:42:30.png

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Triin,

You should normally have the Move option when executing a Bulk Change.

If you cannot execute this action you'll need to check if you have the Move Issues Permission in both projects? (This can be checked in the corresponding permission schemes).

Best regards
Peter

Triin Tisler January 21, 2014

Hi,

Projects don't have any premission shcemes about moving issues..

I tried to also unchange issue type ....and then i got error message:

Oops, you've found a dead link.

https://iiziservices.atlassian.net/issues/?redirectedFromClassic=

What is it mean?Anybody knows?

Thanks,

Triin

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2014

Hi Triin,

Projects do have a permission scheme and one of those permissions is the Move Issues permission. To find the permission scheme go to your project summary page (click on the project name or key anywhere in JIRA). Go to the Administration page for your project, click on permissions in the left side menu. You should now see your permission scheme for this project.

Some more information can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Best regards,

Peter

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

Yes, and additionally to move the issue to another project, you have to have the Create permission in the target project. So, in total Move permission in source project and Create permission in target project are needed.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

You have to "Move" the issues. Changing the project is not possible through "Edit".

Triin Tisler January 20, 2014

Yes, i use "Move" issues. But i don't want to move each issues itself, but i want to move them all woth one click (bulk issues).

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Ok, so you're using bulk change on a list of issues and as issue operation you choose "Move Issues". Than you select the project and leave the issue type unchanged. And than you get the confirmation, confirm it and than you get the error? Could you attach a screenshot of the error?

Suggest an answer