problem understanding JIRA CLI with cascading field and csv

tom sweet October 22, 2012

Hi

We use a cascading field in JIRA and it is set as required. We need to create 100s or more test cases via the CLI

We have the following csv to import

action,project,type,summary,assignee,reporter, customfield_10133,asCascadeSelect

createIssue,VTP,TestCase,deleteme,jon.smith,jon.smith,15486,15487

I am able to create the first half of the menu item, but not the second.

I have tried commas, quotes, etc.

If we remove the customfield and disable it as required, we can import. We want to keep the menu required and import the field as part of the csv import.
The values from the database are:
<colgroup><col span="3" width="64"> <col width="194"> <col span="2" width="64"> </colgroup>
ID CUSTOMFIELD CUSTOMFIELDCONFIG PARENTOPTIONID customvalue
15486 10133 10163 NULL File Menu
15487 10133 10163 15486 Symbols > New...
15488 10133 10163 15486 Symbols > Load...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Cascade select types are a bit of pain. There are 2 options for this. If you have any problems, open a support issue at JIRA Command Line Interface.

1. Use --common "--asCascadeSelect" on runFromCsvwith something like

action,project,type,summary,reporter,field,values
createIssue,VTP,TestCase,deleteme,john.smith,customfield_10133,"15486,15487"

2. Use --common "--asCascadeSelect" on runFromCsvwith something like

action,project,type,summary,reporter,field,values,issue
createIssue,zjiracli,task,deleteme,admin,
setFieldValue,,,,,customfield_10133,"15486,15487",@issue@

tom sweet October 22, 2012

Thank you! I used the first example and added a comma between values and customerfiled_10133 and it worked.

Cheers mate!

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Oops - I was having some cut/paste issues with the editor :(. That was extraneous data - you don't need (and shouldn't have) the custom field in the header line. I fixed the reference. Good job in getting it working anyway!

Suggest an answer