problem to add jira users to a project (jira5.1.8)

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

some of our project administrators have problem to add existing JIRA users to their projects after we upgrade to jira5.1.8 (See screenshot attached). the issue is that the list of available users fragment of the page never seems to finish loading.The "Loading" icon continually animates and nothing else ever loads into the rest of the page, the browser we used is IE. Changing browser to Chrome do fix the problem, but as IE is the standard browser in our company, anyone knows if there is a solution for IE? Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

the workaround is to change browser, we have a user changing from IE8 to Chrome and it works, another user was using Firefox and Chrome (both not working), changed to IE8 and it worked!

I found 'compatibility mode' do cause some issues but seems not effect for this problem.

Hope this helps others with the same issues

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2013

Hi Sherry,

May I know which version of IE you are using? Also, do you have 'compatibility mode' enabled on your IE? If it's enabled, please disable it and see if the problem persists (as that mode is known to cause problems).

Cheers,

Joe

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2013

Hi Sherry,

May I know you're using which IE version? Are you able to turn off the compatibility mode? If you using IE7 or IE8 version, I guess you may try upgrade to IE8.0.7601.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

John Chin

Suggest an answer