problem connecting confluence and jira

intelligent_research May 17, 2014

The problem began when I deleted the link between jira and confluence. The first time i sat up the connection everything went fine. But after I removed it and tried to set it up again from confluence, it does directs me to jira and the redirects me back to confluence but shows me the following error in confluence:

" Application with id 'null' not found "

I have also tried to set the connection up from jira, but when jira redirects me to confluence, confluence configure app link page takes forever to load, and it never shows any progress nor does it show any message! just shows that its loading.

I have doubted the db could contain data that is not well-deleted through UI and I tried following some of your answer regarding how to delete the applinks but there was no luck.

my jira currently contains no important data so I did a fresh installation but also there was no luck. my confluence does contain important data so I am afraid to play around with it.

please help me ASAP

1 answer

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Hi Ammar,

It seems an old application link still under the database, I suggest you to remove again the application links on both platform (JIRA and Confluence) by UI, and check if it was removed on database, it’s possible to check and remove the application link using the following documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Application+Link+configuration+cannot+be+deleted+via+the+UI+and+appeared+as+system+link

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

Suggest an answer