Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

private filters and dashboards not getting migrated post Jira migration

Jira migration happened from local private Datacenter to AWS instance, but the private filters and dashboards are not migrated because configuration manager cannot do it.

Any ideas how we can do it?

Thanks,

Vijay

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Lister Community Leader Nov 28, 2022

Hi @vijay gopalan 

Which config manager are you using?

If you have data centre on both private server and AWS, could you use a full system backup  and restore to move the whole system.

Or alternatively make the filters and dashboards temporarily public. It's possible to bulk change the permissions via scripts.

Thanks Tom.

We have on premise Jira and we are moving to AWS cloud. My admin team says that it is not possible to do a full system backup and restore.

We have designed and agreed on migrating the projects in big bang approach based on the the project request team. and also Decided to move all 1200 + projects to Jira on Cloud

The private filters were made public and attempted to migrate.

It appears that this is not working for Personal Dashboards.

Do you know how we can move Personal Dashboards?  I am still trying to find the configuration manager that we are using.

@Tom Lister :

Project Configuration version (CMJ)

version 6.10.7

Do you know how we can move Personal Dashboards? 

Thanks,
Vijay

Tom Lister Community Leader Dec 01, 2022

HI @vijay gopalan 

Are you moving to your own AWS hosted data centre or to the Atlassian Cloud environment (also AWS under the hood I believe )?

The Botron CMJ tool is very project centric so is only presenting items to select based on a link detected to selected projects.

For the dashboards, you could try updating the sharing options to include a project. I'd suggest creating a dummy project just for the purpose of migration to avoid creating unwanted data shares.

Similarly filters probably need to have some "project =/in" clause to be included by Botron. But sharing the filter with the dummy project should also be an option.

If you have 1200 projects, I suspect the volumes of private data may be a bit high to do this manually. 

if you have scriptrunner, I have written scripts to change filter permissions in the past. I will try and find an example to post here.

Have you raised a ticket on the vendors site for advice?

Tom Lister Community Leader Dec 01, 2022

there is an example of change filter permissions here

https://github.com/listertuk/groovy/blob/2f0a9617a4a202846496baa4a7ffbd0fba7d2a65/server-dc/Scriptrunner/Admin/permChanges.groovy

This can also change Share.Name.PROJECT permissions.

I'm pretty sure the same can be achieved for dashboards via the com.atlassian.jira.portal area of the API's

Not an easy route though.

Suggest an answer